Colm Mac An Iomaire: Album Release Date and Whelans Show
Colm Mac Con Iomaire returns with his second album And Now The Weather (Agus Anois An Aimsir) on 17th April. This is the follow-up to his debut solo album in 2008, The Hare’s Corner.
To launch the album, Colm will play Whelans, Dublin on Friday April 17th. Tickets priced €16.50 go on sale Thursday.
And Now The Weather marks a return to collaboration. From the impressive solo run that was The Hare’s Corner, the multi-tasking on stringed instruments, the immaculate production, this album features orchestral levels of players and instruments.
The album was recorded by Karl Odlum, Leon O’ Neill and Colin Elliot in studios and homes across Wexford, Wicklow, Sheffield, Dublin and San Francisco.
Listen to new track “The Finnish Line” -https://soundcloud.com/colm777/the-finnish-line/s-LBo4K
In a crowded field of outstanding Irish fiddle players and interpreters of traditional music, Colm Mac Con Iomaire is unique. After starting the band Kíla with school friends, Colm went on to found and play with The Frames, who celebrate 25 years together in 2015. Colm’s compositions have featured in both film and theatre.
1. The Finnish Line / An Líne Fhionlannach
2. A Study In Scarlet / Staidéar Dearg
3. Set Sail / Croch Seol
4. Flower / Bláth
5. The White Boat-Liam O'Reilly / An Bád Bán-Liam Ó Raghallaigh
6. In the Arms of the Angels / I mBaclainn na nAingeal
7. The Legend of Oisín / Laoi Oisín
8. Mood Alabama / Aoibh Alabama
9. Sappho's Daughter / Iníon Sappho
10. A Farewell to the Sea / Slán leis an bhFarraige
Fri April 17th – Whelans, Dublin
Colm will play three sold-out shows in July with The Frames in Dublin and Cork.